Saturday 9 April 2016

Editing First Draft - 3 - weapon preparation

For the scenes depicting Damon and Sid gathering the weapons and packing them into the bag, I used the same filter as I did with the establishing shot to maintain the continuity of the sequence.
For some specific scenes of this, I also experimented with the use of slow motion. I slowed down some footage to make it more impactful. I then went on to experiment with cutting from standard speed to slow mo (then in some cases back to standard). An example of this is the zipping up of the duffel bag: for this I cut the scene down to two pieces of footage just as Damon is about to zip up the bag, then slowed down the second half of this.



Finally, on the scene where Damon points the gun directly to the lens of the camera, I added an "earthquake" effect to add suspense and exaggerate the tone of the sequence

No comments:

Post a Comment